Central South Island
Built with guests and the environment in mind, Clearview Lodge has only three rooms. Our two upstairs rooms, adjacent to the guest lounge, open onto a large balcony overlooking our expansive gardens and vineyard, with the pool and our 8-seater spa. Downstairs, the Braeburn Room has wheelchair access and opens into the garden.
Our rates include full breakfast, hospitality including our estate Pinot Noir, Rose’ and port, home baking, Wi-Fi and many other complimentary extras.
Relax, and enjoy our intimate peaceful property. Our gardens produce an abundance of tasty things we enjoy sharing with you, our guests.
As well as the vineyard and olive grove, which produces our delicious wines and oils, we also grow a wide variety of seasonal fruits and nuts. Guests may pick these, enjoy them in our home baking, jams, or maybe even lemoncello or quince liqueur.
We are here to help; we can leave you to relax and enjoy the peace of our Lodge and gardens or help you with your travel and activity plans. Clearview Lodge makes an ideal base from which to explore the Canterbury region, with wine tours and sight-seeing.
Convenient location - less than 15 mins from city centre and airport and accessible North, South and West of the city. There is easy access also to the train (20 minutes drive).
This side of the City has been relatively unscathed after the earthquakes. If you would like to assist our city's recovery, please come and support our tourism businesses.
- Next to Clearwater, a NZ Championship Golf Resort, with lakes, fishing, hotel and restaurant
- Many beautiful parks and gardens
- River walks, punting along the Avon, or picnics in the Botanic Gardens.
- Hilltop Pub for spectacular views looking down to Akaroa Harbour
- Cheese making and tasting at Barry's Bay cheese factory.
- Kiwi at Willowbank Wildlife Reserve
- Tour our garden and Pinot Noir vineyard, taste seasonal fruits, nut and berries.
- Classic 1961 E Type Jaguar, (it was her 50th Birthday in October 2011)
- Swim in our heated outdoor pool or enjoy a Spa under the stars
- Honeymoon or Anniversary celebrations? As a romantic touch, arrange a complimentary candle lit bubble bath with rose petals